Dyson & Levy is a Trusted Catastrophic Personal Injury Firm
Catastrophic injuries come suddenly, without warning, and change lives forever. There is no single cause of these accidents, but the resulting injuries cause permanent disability along with the inability to work or earn an income. Besides the pain and suffering, these injuries often cause immense financial problems. Dyson & Levy have over 60 years of combined experience in defending injured victims due to negligence. Our catastrophic injury lawyers in Delray Beach understand the difficult time you are going through and are dedicated to provide you with support in any way that we can.
Injured due to someone else’s negligence? Our Delray Beach catastrophic injury attorneys can help you fight for the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering. Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case!
What is Considered a Catastrophic Injury?
According to 42 USCS § 3796b, the definition of a catastrophic injury is any injuries that “permanently prevent an individual from performing any gainful work.” Catastrophic injuries generally happen to the brain, spinal cord, or spine, and may include skull or spinal fractures.
Victims of a catastrophic injury can seek financial compensation for their losses by hiring Dyson & Levy. If you suffered permanent disability from a tragic accident that could have been prevented, we encourage you to contact Dyson & Levy. We have recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients, and we are ready to see how we can help you, too.
How to Prove Your Catastrophic Injury Claim
Unless you are deeply familiar with Florida personal injury law, you should not attempt to represent yourself in a catastrophic injury claim, as it can be very complex to navigate. Our catastrophic injury attorneys can also help you compile and file all paperwork by the applicable deadlines.
To prove a catastrophic injury claim, documentation is extremely important. You should keep the following on file:
- Accident reports
- Photos of the accident scene, if available
- Photos of what you actually slipped, tripped or fell over
- Any police records or reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Witness names, phone numbers, ID’s
- Medical reports and records
- Medical bills
- Documentation of any damages, such as car repairs
What Can I Recover From a Catastrophic Injury Claim?
Catastrophic injury victims and their loved ones often suffer severe mental and emotional pain associated with their disabilities, and face financial problems, as well. For this reason, it’s important to explore your legal options, as it may be possible to pursue financial compensation from the person or party deemed at-fault for your losses and damages.
You may be entitled to the following compensation after a serious accident:
- Current and future medical bills: Those suffering from catastrophic injury not only have to contend with current medical expenses, but lifelong medical care.
- Lost current and future wages: This is used to compensate the victim’s inability to work while recovering from a catastrophic injury, as well as the future wages they likely will be unable to earn if they suffer permanent disability.
- Pain and suffering: This “non-economic” damage covers the physical pain and emotional distress suffered by a catastrophic injury victim.
- Household expenses: Certain accommodations may be necessary for a new disability, such as installation of a wheelchair ramp, modifications of bathrooms, kitchens, etc.
- Punitive damages: In rare cases, the injured plaintiff may have been injured from especially reckless, reprehensible conduct on behalf of the defendant. If their acts were the result of malicious acts or fraud, additional compensation may be owed to the victim.
Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Are Here to Help You Rebuild Your Life
Even in the most complex personal injury cases, our attorneys at Dyson & Levy have prevailed. We have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, so they can start to rebuild their lives. During the stressful time following a traumatic accident, we provide compassionate support, and we are willing to go to trial to pursue maximum compensation if the situation calls for it.
Contact Dyson & Levy today at (800) 475-3781 to speak to our Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Boca Raton catastrophic injury attorneys during a free consultation.