Put Six Decades of Combined Experience to Work for You
Current statistics show that a traffic accident occurs about every few seconds in the United States. In Florida, with our rapidly growing population and busy streets, car accidents are unfortunately a far too common occurrence. Victims of these accidents can be taken advantage of by insurance companies who sometimes employ dishonest or outright illegal methods to try to undervalue, delay, or deny claims. Dyson & Levy is here to break this cycle.
Contact our firm at (561) 498-9979 for a free initial consultation regarding your accident case.
We are the firm to turn to if you have been injured in an automobile accident. Withover six decades of combined experience and a complete dedication to our clients, our car accident attorneys in Delray Beach can help you pursue and recover the full and fair value of your claim. We have the resources, the know-how, and the determination to succeed. Best of all, we will be there for you for the duration of your claim to provide much-needed support and guidance.
What are the Steps to Take After a Car Accident?
After being involved in a car accident, it is normal to feel overwhelmed and anxious about the next steps to take. There are several important details to keep in mind after a car accident in order to prevent any additional harm or damage to you and your vehicle.
Follow these important steps after being involved in a car wreck in Delray Beach:
- Step One: Get to safety as soon as possible. Do not leave the scene of the accident, but it is important to pull over to a safe place on the side of the road once you have been in a crash to ensure that no additional harm or damage occurs to you or your loved ones.
- Step Two: Call the police or an ambulance. If you were involved in a serious car crash, there may be a need for medical assistance or filing a police report. Contact the authorities after you have been in an accident to make sure that all parties’ injuries and damage is accounted for.
- Step Three: Document the accident. Make sure to take pictures of any damage done to the vehicles or property involved in an accident.
- Step Four: Gather contact information. It is important to get the contact information of any drivers that were involved in your Delray car accident, along with information from any witnesses that were present at the time of the incident.
- Step Five: File an insurance claim and contact a Delray accident attorney. Dealing with compensation for your injuries after an accident can be a daunting task when facing insurance company negotiations. Leave all of the hard work in the hands of our experienced attorneys at Dyson & Levy to seek full compensation and peace after a car crash.
Who is Liable for My Car Accident?
When negligence and liability are established, the victim of an auto accident can pursue financial compensation from the at-fault party. In many situations, however, it isn’t always clear who was at-fault for a car accident in Delray Beach.
There are two key factors that must be addressed to determine liability in a car accident:
- Negligence is a word used to describe a failure to act with reasonable care, under the circumstances. An example may be a driver who is texting and runs a red light, striking a pedestrian.
- Liability refers to the legal responsibility of a person or entity. In the above example, the driver would be liable, or legally responsible, for causing the pedestrian’s injuries.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
Car crash claims fall under the umbrella of civil lawsuits. Civil lawsuits have a time frame during which you must file the lawsuit. If you fail to file your claim during the allotted time, referred to as the statute of limitations, you will not be able to file a lawsuit at all! In Florida, you have a deadline of four years from the date the accident occurred to file your claim. That’s why it’s so important to get started on your case right away, to give yourself the best possible chance of securing the compensation you require.
Should I Hire a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Dyson & Levy believe that you have a right to fair compensation when you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence. Filing a claim for injuries sustained in a car accident can be a complicated and overwhelming process.
Our Delray Beach car accident attorneys can help your claim in the following ways:
- Gathering Evidence– Our attorneys can collect evidence that is pertinent to your claim, such as sworn statements, camera footage, asset checks, and more.
- Identifying all Liable Parties– In some injury claims, there may be more than one liable party. Our firm can help your compensation by finding all those who are liable in the accident.
- Case Value– We can help you determine the full value of your case when you schedule a free consultation with our lawyers.
- Experience– Our car accident attorneys have years of experience negotiating claims with insurance companies to help our clients receive maximum compensation.
If you have questions about your specific situation, contact our Delray Beach car accident lawyer for a free consultation!
We’ve Recovered Millions. Call for a Free Consultation!
A Delray Beach car accident lawyer at Dyson & Levy can properly investigate the case to determine the cause of the accident and therefore who should be responsible. In recent years, our firm has recovered millions on behalf of car accident victims and has litigated against all of the national and regional automobile insurance companies.
Hear it from Our Satisfied Clients!
5 /5 stars Used this firm to settle a accident my daughter was involved in, the staff was very helpful with details and expectations. They all were very considerate to our situation and the resolution was more than we could have asked for. I would recommend then very highly.– Virginia B.
Get started on your case with a free case consultation – call (561) 498-9979 today!